Thursday, March 21, 2013

get out of my own way...

get out of my own way. I have found that the biggest obstacle to overcome in my life is ME. I think a lot of us are like that. We make choices out of fear instead of faith.

We don't really trust that God has even better things planned for us. We don't trust Him that life could really be more blessed, more sublime, more perfect. If we're in a bad situation, we stay because we're afraid of the unknown. If we're in a good situation, we rationalize away any challenges or issues that might "mess" up a good thing. We don't concern ourselves with His plans and we refuse to acknowledge that we are rejecting His path and His rules. We block our own blessings, and often times the blessings of those around us. We are huge obstacles to our own growth, our own victories and the glory He has planned for us.

So, for today I will get out of my own way. I will acknowledge my arrogance and accept the fact that HE does know more than me. I will submit to His path and His ways and stop rationalizing it all away because I don't want to change. I will get out of my way and prepare myself for a much more fulfilling and blessed life.