Tuesday, March 19, 2013

remember that praying is not an order form...

remember that praying is not an order form. God isn't Burger King - you can't always have it your way.

I heard about a woman who stopped praying because she said God didn't give her what she asked for. Did she ever think she was asking for the wrong thing? did she ever realize that God was answering her prayer with a better plan? Sometimes we need to "rework" our prayer process. If we're asking for something very specific, maybe He is trying to tell us to be more open. If we're asking for a big transformation, maybe He is trying to show us the baby steps it takes to make that transformation. God is listening. More importantly He is trying to communicate back to you - but are we listening to Him?

So, for today I will remember that praying is not an order form. My faith MUST include trusting God as my Father to provide for me in ways that are ultimately the best for me. I know what I think I want, but He knows what I really need and I must trust Him.