Tuesday, February 1, 2011

let them know I'm a Christian...

let them know I'm a Christian. There's a song from my childhood that says it all. Do the people around you know you're a Christian? Can they tell just by the way you conduct yourself, by your love?

This is the simplest of songs, but holds so much truth and meaning. In a world of tearing down, finding fault and assigning blame; these few lines put the values we should hold dear into perspective...

We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord,
and we pray that our unity will one day be restored,
and they'll know we are Christians by our love.

We will work with each other, we will work side by side,
and we'll guard each man's dignity and save each man's pride,
and they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love.
Yes, they'll know we are Christians by our love.

So, for today I will let them know I'm a Christian by my love.