Monday, February 21, 2011

know it's never too late...

know it's never too late. "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Have you ever heard that line? Well it's not true for God.

The strongest hope and joy that I have for myself and all the people I love and pray for in this world is knowing that it's never too late to give your heart to God. Over and over and over I hear people saying, "that person will never change." Or, "it doesn't matter what I say or do, he/she doesn't listen and they'll never understand." Well, that sense of hopelessness is because as humans, we are limited. We have weaknesses, distractions, and we give up.....God doesn't. God has unlimited powers, but we forget that when we see someone faltering or so far removed from Him that we're distraught over their salvation (or lack of it). But again, that's because our eyes, our hearts, our minds and our efforts have limits. But God's don't!! It's never too late for God to touch that persons heart. He will find a way to speak to them so that they hear. So never give up on Him or them (or on yourself - He may use you as an instrument).

So, for today I will know that it's never too late. Never too late for God to touch and change someone - including me! I will pray for an open heart, open mind and willingness to accept an amazing love that will change everything. And then I will be patient as God does His work.