Friday, January 28, 2011

not be in denial...

not be in denial. For today, I will own up to the truth. Instead of saying, "I'm just fine the way I am," I will actually tell the truth.

I will confess that I am broken. As great as I think I am - there are parts of my life that I am not living in the way God intends me to - and I'm not living them that way because I don't want to follow the rules. I'm stubborn. I'm selfish. I'm trying to pick and choose the "important" parts of the bible and I'm disregarding other parts as "not a big deal." Why? Because I don't really want to change. I want what I want, not what He wants for me. But I need to own my short-comings and honestly seek God's help to change them. So, I will rightfully and humbly confess where I'm in the wrong and seek God's clarity and wisdom and strength. I can't deny who I really am today.

So, for today I will not be in denial. I will expose myself to the Lord for who I really am and I will pray and actually try to follow His word better. I know my life will be more fulfilled than I've ever imagined - if only I would follow Him wholly and not in pieces.