Monday, January 10, 2011

pray for those in pain...

pray for those in pain. We all know someone in pain. Today take a minute to think about someone else, especially if it's someone who you have always assumed is stronger than you.

Many people tend to prayer for themselves, their family and their friends on a regular basis. If you know people who are definitely in pain, keep praying for them. Your prayers are being heard! But what about the people around us who seem to be doing alright? On the surface they smile, they are uplifting, and most of the time they are the ones to pray for or encourage us. They are the "rock" we lean on and we depend on their strength to make us stronger. Do we ever pray for their comfort and peace? Maybe, maybe not. Strong, faithful, devoted people also experience pain, confusion and doubts. For today, find the few people in your life who seem to have it all together and prayer for the relief of their pain even if you don't know what it is. Thank God for their friendship and guidance in your life. Ask Him to continue to use that person to share His love and to ensure that their hearts are filled with the love and joy you feel for them.

So, for today I will pray for those in pain. I will extend my scope of prayer to go beyond what I know or assume. I will pray for the hidden pain in the lives of the people around me. I will pray that God eases their minds and spirits and keeps them encouraged in His love and in His message. And I will remember again tomorrow that strong people need prayer too.