Monday, November 22, 2010

share my story...

share my story. Share my testimony. Testimony? That's a word that tends to put some Christians in discomfort. It sounds so precise and structured and factual. Am I really well-versed enough in the teachings of Christ to give a testimony?

Yes, you are. This isn't about being a scholar, it's about sharing. Just talking with a friend or family member about what God has done for you. It's simple statements of "your" facts, "your" truth. Has God given you more peace? Do you feel comforted by His love? Do you feel guided by His hand? Do you no longer feel alone or confused? You don't have to be a preacher and you don't have to have all the answers. You just have to speak. You can do that. Just tell someone what God means to you, what He has done for your life, how He has helped you. That's it. It's that easy.

So, for today I will share my story. I will rejoice in telling someone about the blessings and love God has given me. I will just state "my" facts and I will pray that God can use my story to touch the heart of my friend/family member and bless them as much as He has blessed me.