Wednesday, November 10, 2010

be available...

be available. A friend recited a wonderful quote during one of our bible study sessions. She said, "God doesn't care about your ability, He wants your availability."

Being available to God - that doesn't sound too hard does it? I know many of us have the notion that God uses special people with special talents to fulfill His purposes and work here on earth. And if that in fact were true, then it's easy to get by with saying, "I'm just a regular person with regular talents, if any, so He couldn't possibly need to use me." But the truth of the matter is, that it's God's power and talents that shine through in any situation through any person. The glory belongs to Him, so He doesn't need you to be anything other than available. We are open vessels that, if made available to Him, He will fill with unique purposes and gifts. If we are available, He can shape us into the perfect tools needed for His particular plans. So, all we have to do is just be there. Be open to the opportunities that come our way. We only need to be available and He will do all the rest. Understanding that makes this a very easy thing to do.

So, for today I will be available. I will be open to unexpected opportunities that come up and allow myself to be used by God. I won't question my abilities or confidence, I will just accept that I'm in the right place at the right time and jump in - God will handle the rest.