Monday, November 15, 2010

be ok with just being ok...

be o.k. with just being o.k. Do you ever have "blah" days? Do you sometimes lack inspiration or excitement during your day? How does that make you feel?

For me, when I am having a blah day I tend to beat myself up and tell myself that I should be in a better mood because of how blessed I am. And I do know that I'm blessed! So when I can't shake my blahs I begin to feel even worse for not being grateful or thankful enough. I also then examine why I have not set/reached new goals yet or changed my life in some significant way. It's amazing how hard we can be on ourselves. If our friend was down in the dumps, we would try to cheer them up with positive remarks - but when we feel a little low it's like we dig a deeper hole instead. So today I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm not going to make it worse. I'm just going to be o.k. with being o.k. I would love to always have the energy and inspiration to float through my day in praise and thankfulness, but I am not that perfect (not even close) and sometimes I only feel o.k. instead of terrific. And I think that's allowed sometimes.

So for today I will be o.k. with just being o.k. I won't make comparisons and examinations of the meaning of life today. I will just be o.k. with being o.k. and know that God will find the opportunities to give me whatever it is I may need on His time.