Friday, September 9, 2011

thank God for His protection...

thank God for His protection. 9-11. There isn't much more to say than that. Ten years have gone by, but 9-11 will never be forgotten.

Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? I do. I was at home getting ready for work. With my one year old asleep in the crib and my husband still in bed, I watched as the second plane hit the tower. I thought my eyes had played a trick on me. To my horror it wasn't a computer graphic. It was a real plane hitting a real building and killing real people. I don't remember what I was wearing or if I even got dressed that day. The shock and pain and numbness of that day will forever be with me. There is evil in this world. There is devastating heartbreak. I would never have imagined something like that would happen. Now that it has, I find myself not counting any possibilities out. Every moment is fragile. The next moment could be stolen from you in the blink of an eye. So for today, I will thank God for His protection. Thank Him for watching over my family today. For blessing us the opportunity to make it through the day and give each other one more hug, one more kiss, one more smile.

So for today, I will thank Him for His protection. I will not take today for granted or count on tomorrow. I will live today with more love and more joy and more gratefulness than yesterday. I will live it as if it were my last. And, God willing, if I rise tomorrow I will live that day the same way. God bless America.