Wednesday, December 7, 2011

grateful for normal days...

grateful for normal days. Being grateful is not waiting for tomorrow to be a bigger, better day - it's being grateful for "normal days" too.

About a year ago, a friend of mine passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. He was 45 years old, in good health, a loving father, good husband, and he loved God. He would often comment on how blessed he was to wake up each morning. He always said, "another day in paradise - thank you Jesus." He loved every day whether it was great, good, fair, boring, tough or just plain old regular. My friend was a wonderful example of contentment and gratitude. Our days are numbered.

So, for today I will be grateful for normal days. I can and will be content in the gift of routine. I can delight in the fact that today held no surprises and that my life went on for 24 more hours. Those hours provide me more time to love and be loved - and that is irreplaceable.