Wednesday, December 14, 2011

notice the beauty...

notice the beauty.

Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, and packages. At this time of the year the elaborate decorations catch our eye and dazzle us. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the Christmas decorations, but it can make us focus on the wrong kind of beauty. Look today for the beauty within others instead of how they are "wrapped." See the twinkle in their eye, hear the compassion in their voice, notice the tender thoughtful gesture that would otherwise go unrecognized. Notice the humble beauty of the loving hearts that surround your life. Jesus was born into the meekest of circumstances. Many wouldn't have recognized Him as the most beautiful and special child in the world. They would have seen His surroundings, His outer circumstances and subsequently missed the beauty within. Don't judge the book by its cover today, experience the gifts within each chapter.

So, for today I will notice the beauty. I will look past the glitz and glamour of the season and focus on the true beauty God bestows on me. I will look into the hearts, souls and actions of those around me and appreciate how beautiful and special they are.