Thursday, February 28, 2013

make a new choice...

make a new choice. If you're like me, you learn your lessons the hard way. You make the same mistakes over and over and then wonder why the outcome wasn't different.

Maybe this challenge should be called "opposite day" because I want you to make a new choice this time. When you are deciding what you're going to do tonight or this weekend. First think of what you feel like when it's all over. If there's an action that you know will have an outcome that causes you grief, then do the opposite of that action. Make a new choice about what to do, where to go, who to be with. Whatever that situation is that inevitably causes you pain, for today make a new choice. Take it one day at a time. Just change one choice. Distract yourself and do something different than your usual routine. Make a new choice about how you will spend your time and make the choice based on how you want to feel when you're finished. If you're tired of learning your lessons the hard way, you'll make a new path by making a new choice.

So, for today I will make a new choice. I will break up the pattern that causes me distress. I may not be able to make all new good choices, but for today I'm going to make one new choice that will bring a positive outcome instead of the same old guilt/drama/pain/disgust. I will ask God to guide me in this effort and I will make a new choice for my good.