Friday, February 22, 2013

start again...

start again. Clean slate today. Whatever went wrong yesterday or this week or this month - whatever you failed at - whatever conquered you instead of you conquering it - just start again.

We teach our kids that practice makes perfect. We tell them to try harder. We tell them anything is possible. But do we really believe it? Do we show them in action as well as word? So if you've faced some failures, if something didn't work out right the first time, or if you just stopped trying - it's time to start again. Be their example of perseverance. Be that beacon of hope and effort. Shrug off what "has" been and begin again with what "could" be. And don't just do it for them, do it for yourself. At some point you believed in yourself, in your goals, and in all the possibilities... If something hasn't been working for you - change your approach. Start fresh today and make a different tomorrow.

So, for today I will start again. I can try harder. I can find new ways to succeed. Trials and obstacles will always exist but I won't let them beat me today. I will start again with determination, focus and God's grace.