Monday, August 2, 2010

take it minute by minute...

take it minute by minute. I believe in living life one day at a time and not getting caught up in the "what ifs" of the next day, but sometimes even facing a whole day is rough.

For today I will just take the day minute by minute. Instead of getting anxious and stressed about what I need to do later in the day, what good or bad may come my way today, I will just take a breath and get through the next minute. God does not give us more than we can bear, but some days we don't feel like we have the strength to make it through the day. So just pray for the strength and comfort to get through the next minute. After that, ask for peace in the next minute. After that, ask for hope in the next minute. Don't jump ahead and start worrying or getting tired. Minute by minute today. Let the day unfold minute by minute and do a breath prayer as often as you need it (a breath prayer is just a short simple statement you repeat over and over during your day, ie.. "Be with me Lord" or "I'm trusting you God" or "I need your strength God").

So, for today I will take it minute by minute. I will stay in the present and not worry or stress about the future. I will do what I can with each moment and give my full effort to each minute. I will call on God to get me through each minute today - and He will see me through.