Thursday, April 21, 2011

imagine what could have been...

imagine what could have been. It's almost Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday when Christ died and rose for us. Have you ever thought about what life would be like if those events never happened?

Life is difficult and there are lots of problems all over the world, but even as bad as we think it may be sometimes - it could have been much much worse. Hopelessness, defeat, pain, frustration, darkness, gloom, hatred, vengeance, despair... that's what I think daily life, every day for eternity would be like without the Glory and Love of Jesus Christ. When I think about that, I rejoice and give thanks for every day that I receive that has joy, grace, forgiveness, peace, light, love and hope! I have a better life here and a better life to come because He gave up His life for me. I'm glad I don't have to live in a world where that hadn't happened, but it's a good reminder to imagine that place so I don't take for granted the sacrifice Jesus made for me.

So, for today I will imagine what the world could have been and thank God that it isn't that place. My hope and help come from the Lord - what a wonderful blessing.