Wednesday, July 21, 2010

read a story...

read a story. Do you remember how nice it was to snuggle in bed and read a bedtime story (or better yet when Mom or Dad would do it)? There's a familiar comfort that comes from the stories of childhood. So the challenge today is to go back to that time.

Whether you read a story to your own kids, relatives' kids, the kids of your friends, or just to yourself in the privacy of your own room - for today read a story. Find a book that you loved as a child. A fairytale, an adventure, whatever it is...find it and read it. But don't just look through it and read it silently - read it as though you were six years old again. Read it with the voices for each character. Act out the drama of the story. Relive the fun and make it come alive again. You'll have some fun and reconnect with your inner child. There's a wonderful comfort level that comes with the peaceful mindset and innocence of a child, so find that again today.

So, for today I will read a story. I will let go of "adult" things and take comfort in the familiar sights and sounds of my childhood. In today's hectic and pressured filled world, I will allow myself a moment to be a kid. I will delight in my bedtime story and fall asleep with a smile on my face.