Friday, June 25, 2010

stay connected...

stay connected. Summer is here. Will you be disconnected from loved ones during this season of travel and fun. Maybe you've lost touch with someone dear who is near or far. Since this is a time of planning trips, for today plan your own journey for staying connected.

Get out your calendar and mark the dates. Decide if you will stay connected via phone calls, emails, exchanging photos, making lunch dates, taking day trips or weekend excursions. Mark that calendar not just for one "trip", but for repeated trips throughout the summer and throughout the year. Whether it's every 2 weeks, once a month, or every Friday - make a travel plan that connects you with those who you want and need to stay in touch with. When that calendar appointment pops up - take your trip! Make that phone call, send that email, get in the car - do whatever "trip" you have planned and stay connected. Keep your "family" together! Whether you are related by blood, by marriage, or by friendship keep your family strong and united.

So, for today I will stay connected. God has blessed me with wonderful people in my life. He has brought them to me as a source of love, strength and companionship. They keep me grounded, they hold me accountable, they love me enough to be honest. God has blessed me and today I will cherish their presence in my life and I will make my travel plans and stay connected.